Nearpod officially launches in the UK as a Renaissance solution at the Bett Show from 23-25 March – visitors to stand NE71 can see it in action and sign-up for free access!
Former teacher and now Education and Curriculum Specialist Margaret Allen will be joined on the Renaissance stand by product specialists to showcase the latest member of the Renaissance family – Nearpod.
Visitors to the Renaissance stand can take part in fun ‘Time to Climb’ Nearpod challenges that will be hosted throughout the event, whilst at midday on Thursday 24 March children from Plumcroft Primary School will be ‘taking over’ with their own Nearpod demonstration.
What is Nearpod?
Nearpod is an interactive platform that merges real-time formative assessment and dynamic media to create live and self-paced learning experiences inside and outside of the classroom.
It can help alleviate staffing issues as students can join and interact with the same lesson whether they are in the classroom or at home.
- Visualise and support student understanding
- One platform, multiple ways to teach
- Interactive videos and Virtual Reality field trips
- Supports classroom, distances, or hybrid learning
What are people saying about Nearpod?
Nearpod has already been positively reviewed by both Teach Primary and Headteacher Chat, but here are just some of the comments we’ve heard from schools in the UK who have been trialling it since January.
- “I created a Nearpod survey to ask my pupils which lessons they preferred, and it was a resounding thumbs up for Nearpod.”
Read the full story from Bearnes Primary School in Devon here.
- “Nearpod provides a platform for both staff and students to quickly get information into one place for the class teacher or presenter to see… The ‘Collaborate Board’ makes engagement much easier for introverted students who don’t commonly put their hand up to answer questions or contribute to the conversation… I feel Nearpod can play a crucial role in supporting learning across multiple schools.”
Read the full story from Priory Primary School in Dudley here.
- “The main feature for my class is that Nearpod allows pupils to engage with learning at their own pace… some of my pupils have thrived in maths with not having boundaries and writing restrictions to give their answers and when showing their workings out.”
Read the full story from Brooklands Primary School in Trafford here
Can I try Nearpod for free?
We are currently offering a full-access trial for schools in the UK and Ireland until 14 April, which you can learn more about at the Bett Show or by visiting www.renlearn.co.uk/nearpod.
Alternatively, you can create a free teacher account at www.nearpod.com.