Speedy Assessment CPD for secondary teachers
Education experts David Didau, Daisy Christodoulou and Emma McCrea are here to help you improve your assessment methods
- by Teachwire
Inside your download
How to make assessments valid and reliable
If we want an accurate picture of our students' understanding, we need to realise that we can't see learning
How to assess via the deliberate-practice method
We know that formative assessment improves progress, so why are schools and students still not seeing the benefits?
How to accurately find out what pupils do and don’t know
Students are rarely the best judges of what they actually understand. Use mini whiteboards, self-explanation tasks and exit tickets to find out what they really know
- Ofsted – Who inspects the inspectors?
- Digital assessment – What impact can it have on teaching and learning?
- School standards – Genuine improvement requires better structures, not tighter targets
- Teens, genes and means – Why are we still debating whether genetics affect educational outcomes?
- Remote revision – How hybrid learning can support your GCSE students
Make sure your assessment is effective with these expert insights
Professor Mike Askew provides advice around three areas of primary mathematics to help you become a better teacher
Discover creative lesson activities and innovative teaching practices in this CPD box set full of ideas for boosting reading ... more
This eight-part series will give you practical suggestions for helping autistic children – during Autism Acceptance Week an... more
From engaging Year 7s in science to seeing secondary students through their GCSEs, our experts are here to guide you
Learn about bugs, biodiversity and topics high on the teen agenda such as sugar and sleep, with these activities from Dr Joan... more