Inside your download
How to encourage pupils to take risks
Use these three simple, playful tasks to help children feel less anxious about offering up answers in maths lessons
I-PS vs PS-I – which is better?
Instruction then problem-solving or the other way round? It depends what sort of maths we want our pupils to learn, says Mike Askew
How to introduce numbers gradually using numberless word problems
Give children the opportunity to develop a better understanding of the underlying structure of a problem by introducing numbers gradually
- Primary maths – how to answer the question ‘Why are we doing this?’
- Climate change lesson – how maths plays an important part
- Differentiation in maths – how you can make it work
- Primary school maths – use visual representations to make adding and subtracting more interesting
- Maths support for parents – newsletter ideas
Make sure your assessment is effective with these expert insights
Education experts David Didau, Daisy Christodoulou and Emma McCrea are here to help you improve your assessment methods
Discover creative lesson activities and innovative teaching practices in this CPD box set full of ideas for boosting reading ...
This eight-part series will give you practical suggestions for helping children with autism
From engaging Year 7s in science to seeing secondary students through their GCSEs, our experts are here to guide you
Learn about bugs, biodiversity and topics high on the teen agenda such as sugar and sleep, with these activities from Dr Joan...