Biomimetics is a dynamic and fast-moving field of research that looks to the natural world for inspiration and answers to various design challenges – and also a recent addition to the D&T National Curriculum.
Here, Zoe Eaves shows how to familiarise your students with the notion that Mother Nature might well know a thing or two about durable materials, efficient engineering principles and much else besides…
- KS4 D&T Lesson Plan – Use Mobile Phones to Explore Design and Development
- KS3 design and technology lesson plan – Investigate wireless tech and design your own remote controls
- KS4 D&T Lesson Plan – Cover The Functions Of Packaging In A Practical And Memorable Way
- KS3 D&T Lesson Plan – Get Students Excited By Exploring The Scientific Theory Behind Product Development
- Eight Technologies that will change your life – D&T presentation for KS3/KS4 teachers