PDF lesson plans & PDF first flight timeline with examples of planes through history
If you’re sick of teaching about the Great Fire of London during KS1 history for your unit on events beyond living memory, why not try delving into the first flight instead?
It’s a change of scenery, as it were, and topical too, given the technological developments that have been made and the role flight plays in our modern lives. This could also easily tie in with the current debates over climate change.
KS1 history unit learning objectives
- Use a timeline to explain when an event happened
- Identify where in the world the first flight happened
- Talk about the available evidence
- Sequence aircraft through time
- Begin to talk about changes in flight
- Identify changes in aircraft
- Choose and use evidence to answer questions
Stuart Tiffany is a primary teacher, history CPD provider and consultant. He supports schools to embed the historical discipline within their curriculum.