PowerPoint and PDF notes
In this lesson plan for Holocaust Memorial Day your students will learn how discrimination was used during the Holocaust, Nazi Persecution and the Genocide in Rwanda.
You will discuss antisemitism and anti-Muslim hatred in society today, and what to do if you are the victim or a witness to a hate crime.
Made in partnership with Stand Up! Education Against Discrimination.
This resource is designed for use with secondary school aged students or young people. It is also suitable for adult learning groups.
There is an accompanying PowerPoint presentation.
Holocaust Memorial Day Trust is the charity established and funded by the UK Government to promote and support Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) in the UK. Find out more about HMDT, including how to get involved, and get more free teaching resources at hmd.org.uk and follow on Twitter at @HMD_UK.
- Whose History? – Knowledge audit tool for curriculum development
- A Historical Overview of the American West – Supporting Resource for KS3/4 History
- Discovering archaeology and the Bronze Age – Subject knowledge and Teachers’ Guide for KS2/3 history
- The Sword Burials – Archaeology activity for KS3 History
- WWI scheme of work – The impact of World War 1 on your locality for KS3 history