Lesson plan PDF
AI is already changing the way we live – so why not get your students exploring its impact?
Just like us, computers can make decisions by learning from experiences. ‘Machine learning/ is an artificial intelligence (AI) where systems choose the best way to achieve a task, doing it mostly without our help.
Data is crunched from examples of how a task has been done before, then the computer perfects the approach. This contrasts with traditional methods, which rely on hard-coded rules and human intervention.
Why teach this?
It’s not just pupils that learn. Machines do too. In this project, your students will discover how systems use machine learning, its impact on our lives, and the ethics surrounding it.
Key curriculum links
- Understand the uses of science, today and for the future
- Explore the social and economic implications of science
Wider curriculum (English and PSHE)
- Participate in structured discussions
- Recognise opportunity, manage risk and explore future careers
- STEM Club – 11 tried & tested extra-curricular science activities, challenges and projects
- Space activities for kids – Planet Match game
- Science experiments for kids – Make an anemometer to measure wind speed
- KS3 Science – Y9 mini scheme of learning
- The science of colours and emotion – KS4 physics, chemistry and biology lesson plan and worksheets