Vote for the Funniest Children’s Books of the Year in the Laugh Out Loud Awards
You and your students can have your say in what books made you roaring with laughter by casting your votes in this year's Lollies!
- by Teachwire
The 2018 Laugh Out Loud Awards (The Lollies) celebrate the funniest children’s books of the year and you have the opportunity to help decide the winners!
The Lollies are awarded in three categories: Best Laugh Out Loud Picture Book, Best Laugh Out Loud Book for 6-8 year olds and Best Laugh Out Loud Book for 9-13 year olds.
Michael Rosen headed a panel of judges to determine the shortlisted books in each category, which this year are as follows:
Best Laugh Out Loud Picture Book:
- Mr Bunny’s Chocolate Factory by Elys Dolan (OUP)
- The Squirrels Who Squabbled by Rachel Bright and Jim Field (Hachette)
- Oi Cat! by Kes Gray and Jim Field (Hachette)
- I Can Only Draw Worms by Will Mabbitt (PRH)
Best Laugh Out Loud Book for 6-8 year olds:
- Barry Loser and the Birthday Billions by Jim Smith (Egmont)
- The Big, Fat, Totally Bonkers Diary of Pig by Emer Stamp (Scholastic)
- There’s a Werewolf in My Tent! by Pamela Butchart and Thomas Flintham (Nosy Crow)
- Lyttle Lies: The Pudding Problem by Joe Berger (Simon and Schuster)
Best Laugh Out Loud Book for 9-13 year olds:
- Tom Gates: Epic Adventure (Kind Of) by Liz Pichon (Scholastic)
- My Mum’s Growing Down by Laura Dockrill and David Tazzyman (Faber)
- Uncle Shawn and Bill and the Almost Entirely Unplanned Adventure by AL Kennedy and Gemma Correll (Walker)
- Football School – Season 2: Where Football Saves the World by Alex Bellos and Ben Lyttleton and Spike Gerrell (Walker)