Quel temps fait-il? Learn meteorological vocabulary and use French prepositions and conjunctions in this KS2 French lesson.
Talking about the weather may seem like a very simple part of everyday life in the UK, but in MFL lessons this familiar subject matter provides children with a great opportunity to work on their spontaneous speaking skills.
As the lesson progresses, children will move from simple phrases to full-sentence constructions, extending them with conjunctions and describing location using prepositions. Above all, this lesson gives children a real purpose for speaking: the creation of a spoken TV weather report.
It could easily be adapted to suit languages other than French.
What they’ll learn
- Use a variety of weather phrases in French and respond to the question quel temps fait-il?
- Use prepositions to talk about the weather in different parts of France
- Extend sentences with conjunctions
- Speak more confidently in French through the creation of a weather report role play
This download contains
- Full PDF lesson plan
- Weather flashcards
- ‘Trapdoor’ game worksheet