2-page PDF lesson plan
Thanks to the ease with which we can find examples of everything from ballet and tap to hip-hop and salsa, dance has become hugely popular.
Dance is a popular and unique form of expression that offers everyone something to enjoy. Shows such as Strictly Come Dancing and Britain’s Got Talent
But there’s more to experience than just physical development. For example, exploring and discussing dance allows learners to consider storytelling, symbolism, creativity, and history. Most cultures use forms of dance in spiritual, recreational or celebratory events and some dance styles have been in existence for hundreds of years.
This lesson lets you research similarities and differences between different kinds of dance, watch examples of dance styles, give your opinions on what you like and dislike and decide which dance style you would like to practise and perform.
- PE games KS2 – improve agility with an air hockey rally
- Women’s Euro 2022 – PE lesson plan
- Anti Bullying Week – Odd Socks Day activities
- Free KS2 PE medium-term plan for Ultimate Frisbee with worksheets, scorecards and instructions
- KS2 PE Lesson Plan – Host your own Four-Person Mini Tennis Tournaments for Wimbledon