This introductory lesson makes students aware of the impact that alcohol can have on emotional health.
All of our resources are flexible and can be easily adapted to suit individual teachers’ needs. The resources can be taught alongside other PSHE topics, for example, nutrition, drugs or sex education. Teachers can pick and choose which activities to use, and when to teach them.
• Alcohol and emotional health presentation
• Alcohol and emotional health scenario sheet
• Stress-busting diamond student sheet
• Alcohol and emotional health curriculum links
• Alcohol education guidance notes
• To understand how alcohol can affect emotional health and wellbeing
• To know how to find ways of managing problems and stress without alcohol
During a lesson like this, which looks at how people feel, students might want to draw on their own experiences. To ensure that the session doesn’t get too personal, you can remind students to talk about “someone I know” rather than naming individuals.
Sign up here for your free Brilliant Teacher Box Set
Get 8 KS3/4 maths lessons with expert teaching techniques