Powerpoint and worksheet for KS3 maths
This lesson will show students how plotting two linear equations in x and y allows them to solve simultaneous equations.
The PowerPoint has a full explanation as the starter and there is a sheet of questions for students to practice.
Before doing this task they should have covered algebraic versions of simultaneous equations, as well as linear graph plotting.
KS3 Maths Curriculum Area
Algebra Use linear and quadratic graphs to estimate values of y for given values of x and vice versa and to find approximate solutions of simultaneous linear equations
Owen134866 is a TES Resource Contributor of the Year and blogger. You can find his resources on his website mathsfreeresourcelibrary.com and on his TES page Owen134866’s Shop.
- KS3/4 Numeracy – ‘Significant figures’ Task sheet
- Equation of a line – KS3/4 worksheet with answers
- Angles in parallel lines worksheet – KS3 maths resource with answers
- Expanding brackets worksheet – KS3/4 maths resource with answers
- Nth term questions – KS3/4 linear sequences worksheet with answers