The activity introduces students to the the detection of planets beyond our own solar system. Knowledge of gravity and electromagnetic radiation, in particular visible light, is used to make models and explain to others how to find an exoplanet.
Oxford Sparks is a portal for engaging with a wealth of exciting science taking place across Oxford University. Get more great resources from the Oxford Sparks here and on its website at oxfordsparks.ox.ac.uk. You can also follow on Twitter at @OxfordSparks.
- Space activities for kids – Planet Match game
- Science experiments for kids – Make an anemometer to measure wind speed
- KS3 Science – Y9 mini scheme of learning
- The science of colours and emotion – KS4 physics, chemistry and biology lesson plan and worksheets
- The science of sleep – KS3 lesson plan and resources