Children never seem to tire of the magic of moving picture books. They are often the most worn and well- used books in the school library and children enjoy bringing their own ‘lift the flap’ and ‘pull the tab’ books into school.
‘Mechanisms’ is a requirement in KS1 D&T, progressing to more sophisticated ‘mechanical systems’ in KS2. While the technical knowledge associated with this strand of D&T can seem daunting, projects focusing on moving pictures created with paper and card provide an affordable, accessible and educationally sound way to develop children’s understanding.
- DT projects KS2 – how to make a pop-up book
- Design and technology lesson ideas – KS1 lesson plan
- DT projects KS2 – Explore the difference between white and wholemeal flour
- Books for topics KS2 – Use Letters from the Lighthouse by Emma Carroll when studying World War 2 and the blitz
- Migrants – KS2 Books for topics – Learn about migrants with this wordless picturebook