Kingswood – Staffordshire
Photos of Kingswood – Staffordshire
What will students see and do?
A beautiful location, overlooking the picturesque Wrekin and Clee Hills and close to Birmingham, this Kingswood centre was purpose-built for school residential trips and all facilities are close at hand, making it a perfect destination for primary school groups, in particular.
A fantastic blend of excitement and creative learning opportunities await you at this centre – among the activities on offer, you can try abseiling and archery, a challenging low-ropes course with zipwire, and bushcraft in the grounds.
Teaching resources provided
• Lesson plans are linked to learning outcomes, and clear curriculum links are made for teachers in various subjects. Kingswood also provides teachers with after-trip lesson plans and materials that can be used in their own classrooms.
• To help teachers plan their trip, Kingswood has launched a user-friendly online portal called Trip Planner. Here, you’ll find everything you need to know, as well as all the forms you need to complete to ensure your stay runs smoothly.
• Make the Most of Your Residential booklet. In this guide, Kingswood suggests methods for making direct links from the activities you choose to the curriculum through extension activities which incorporate science, maths and drama amongst others.
For English language learning trips, Kingswood also provides:
• Pre-arrival academic testing to ascertain ability before arrival, so groups can jump straight into lessons from day one.
• A certificate of attendance of the English Language Course and a report on students’ individual progress, to help them record and continue their studies back home.
Minimum and maximum group size
Any group size can be catered for. There is no minimum group size, and providing there is availability, the maximum is the full centre capacity, splitting into smaller groups (maximum of 15) for activities.
Details of risk assessment
All aspects of Kingswood’s operation are subject to risk assessment by its own in-house team. These are individuals who are qualified and experienced in outdoor education, adventurous activity and health and safety.
The content of the risk assessments is subject to further review and scrutiny by external technical advisors, statutory regulators and inspectors from the British Activity Providers Association.
All of risk assessments are reviewed on an annual basis as a minimum but may be subject to additional review and updates following incidents, external inspections, feedback from user groups or changes to operational practices.
Please click here for Kingswood Staffordshire’s risk management arrangements.
Don't miss our downloadable A-Z guide on completing a risk assessment
Outdoor: a challenging low-ropes course with zipwire and abseiling.
Indoor: plenty of space for problem-solving games and team challenges.
Gift shops: selling snacks, drinks and souvenirs.
Other facilities: diner, social hubs and party-leader lounges.
Accommodation: dormitory-style accommodation.
This centre is open all year round.
Prices vary depending on size of group and time of year; enquire today to get your bespoke quote.
Don’t forget to ask about Kingswood’s subsidised and fully funded places…
Kingswood Hardship Fund: Kingswood believes that outdoor adventure is for everyone and that every young person should have the chance to experience a transformative residential trip. That’s why it’s launched the Kingswood Hardship Fund to provide financial support for individual young people who face barriers to accessing this experience.
NCS Experiences: Kingswood proudly delivers fully funded National Citizen Service experiences to 15–17-year-olds. These five-day residential experiences are designed to build confidence, resilience and life skills for those entering adulthood.
Kingswood’s partner company, Britannia Coach Services, offers a convenient and competitive travel service for you to save you time and money.
All drivers from these coach operators are experienced in transporting school groups and have been through a DBS background check. Their vehicles are kept in top condition and meet all European safety standards as a minimum.
When you book your visit to Kingswood, you will automatically be sent a competitive transport quote tailored to your trip, so you won’t have to spend time shopping around; they’ll do the rest!
Book your school trip to Kingswood – Staffordshire
For information on booking your school trip to this venue, click below.