This research- and evidence-based intervention addresses 10 key components of numeracy, and is proven to be effective in a range of settings
1. The intervention
Catch Up® Numeracy is a structured one-to-one intervention for learners who find numeracy difficult. It enables learners who struggle with numeracy to achieve more than double the progress of typically developing learners.
It involves just two 15-minute individual sessions per week, delivered by trained teaching assistants, tutors or teachers.
2. Double the progress
The intervention provides effective, personalised learning support which is underpinned by recognised good practice and research.
Learners aged 6–11 who received Catch Up® Numeracy for an around five months achieved average number/maths age gains of 11 months.
“Learners aged 6–11 who received Catch Up® Numeracy for an around five months achieved average number/maths age gains of 11 months.”
3. The cost
Catch Up® offers a complete training and support package, centred on three, two-hour online sessions for staff. This includes initial training materials, guidance and proformas required for delivery and management of the intervention, plus on-going support.
The intervention costs £450 per trainee – no subscriptions!
4. Schools feedback
Schools have said the following about their experience:
- “Very happy with the training and delivery… the supporting documents are excellent.”
- “It complements the curriculum, is easy to follow and students respond/engage well. It has proven results.”
- “After three months of Catch Up® Numeracy intervention, Child B made 20 months’ progress.”
- Achieve double the normal rate of progress in students’ number ages
- Maximise effectiveness of support staff and tutors, trained to deliver proven interventions
- Improve learners’ confidence, behaviour, and engagement with the whole curriculum