Teach Secondary Awards 2021 winners announced
Find out who our expert panel of judges picked as 5-, 4- and 3-star winners in every category this year….
- by Teachwire
With so many providers offering so many different options, sifting through and finding the best can be a time-consuming exercise.
That’s where our annual Teach Secondary Awards come in.
Each year, we issue an open invitation for companies and organisations to submit their education resources for analysis by a team of expert judges, to identify those most worthy of schools’ time and attention.
The awards this year spanned 10 categories, with entries judged according to the following criteria:
- Does the resource meet a genuine need?
- What impact is it likely to have?
- How easy is the resource to implement and use?
- Can the resource be adapted for use in different settings?
- Does it represent good value for money?
You can find the full list of this year’s winners below:
- 5 Stars: White Rose Maths (Collins)
- 4 Stars: Oxford Revise: AQA GCSE Sciences (Oxford University Press)
- 3 Stars: Dynamo 11-14 French (Pearson)
- 5 Stars: Read Write Inc Fresh Start Fast Track Tutoring (Oxford University Press)
- 4 Stars: ClaroRead Plus (ClaroRead Plus)
- 3 Stars: Introducing British Sign Language (British Sign Language)
- 5 Stars: LGBTQ Voices (British Army)
- 4 Stars: Talk About Alcohol (The Alcohol Education Trust)
- 3 Stars: Learning Through Logistics (Talent in Logistics)
- 5 Stars: eduu.school (Hodder Education)
- 4 Stars: Satchel One (Satchel)
- 3 Stars: Deledao (Deledao Education)
Health and wellbeing
- 5 Stars: Healthy Online Relationships (Ineqe Safeguarding Group)
- 4 Stars: Your Choice for Key Stage 4 (Collins)
- 3 Stars Mind Mechanics for Teens and Young Adults (Sarah Rawsthorn, Jessica Kingsley Publishers)
- 5 Stars: IOP Domains (Institute of Physics)
- 4 Stars: Teen Tips (Teen Tips)
- 3 Stars: Royal Society of Chemistry – Education Website (Royal Society of Chemistry)
- 5 Stars: Dynamic Progress Reporting (Axle Education)
- 4 Stars: EDClass (EDClass)
- 3 Stars: Gradescope (Turnitin)
- 5 Stars: IRIS Ed:gen (IRIS Software Group)
- 4 Stars: The Day (The Day News & Media)
- 3 Stars: Hubmis (WCBS)
- 5 Stars: Safer Schools (Ineqe Safeguarding Group)
- 4 Stars: The National College (National Education Group)
- 3 Stars: National Online Safety (National Education Group)
Technology and stem
- 5 Stars: Progress in Computing: Key Stage 3 (Hodder Education)
- 4 Stars: Python in Pieces (2Simple)
- 3 Stars: VEXcode VR (VEX Robotics)
If you have any queries about this year’s Teach Secondary Awards, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team – email Teach Secondary editor Callum Fauser or advertising manager Ria Bentham.