Read Roald Dahl’s The BFG with your class with the help of these Officially Phizz-Whizzing Lesson Plans.
Whether you’ve read it before or are discovering the Big Friendly Giant’s story for the first time, these resource follow the plot, so it’s easy to read along.
Working towards literacy and PSHE objectives, pupils will explore the book’s themes of friendship, dreams and believing – and there’s a GIANT to colour in, too.
What children will learn:
- Creating interesting characters
- Using creative vocabulary
- Using similes and metaphors to enhance description
- Devising an exciting plot
- Organising non-fiction writing
- Writing dialogue
- Not judging others by appearances
- Celebrating the differences in others
- Preventing bullying
- Reflecting on personal dreams and goals
- Understanding human rights
- Overcoming challenges
Included in the download:
- Six lesson plans
- Activity sheets
- Extracts from Billy and the Minpins