This activity explains how physicists are trying to learn more about how the Universe started by trying to recreate the conditions immediately after the Big Bang, examining the data thus produced and refining their models of the universe and the Big Bang.
Oxford Sparks is a portal for engaging with a wealth of exciting science taking place across Oxford University. Get more great resources from the Oxford Sparks here and on its website at oxfordsparks.ox.ac.uk. You can also follow on Twitter at @OxfordSparks.
- Space activities for kids – Planet Match game
- Science experiments for kids – Make an anemometer to measure wind speed
- KS3 Science – Y9 mini scheme of learning
- The science of colours and emotion – KS4 physics, chemistry and biology lesson plan and worksheets
- The science of sleep – KS3 lesson plan and resources