A teaching steps sheet produced by Sue Lloyd, which aims to provide a clear structure for how to teach Jolly Phonics letter sounds and skills, alongside teaching tips and advice for the order of teaching reading and writing with Jolly Phonics.
The steps covered include:
• Teaching letter sounds in groups and how to write them
• Teaching how to blend to read regular words and words with digraphs
• Teaching tricky words in groups and how to spell them
• When to introduce capital letter and their sounds
• When to start dictation words and independent writing
• When to introduce letter names
• When to teach long vowels
• When to introduce decodable reading books
Sign up here for your free Brilliant Teacher Box Set
Looking for smarter ways to assess primary English?