A single-page end-of-year checklist that can be used to assess the progress of individual pupils, thus enabling teachers to quickly identify any gaps in their progress through the Jolly Phonics programme.
The progress areas include:
• Check if pupil/student knows the 42 letter sounds
• Check if pupil/student can blend & write regular words with letter sounds
• Check if pupil/student knows capital letters & lower-case letters (sound, name & formation)
• Check pupil/student’s ability to read & spell tricky words
• Check pupil/student’s ability to read age-appropriate books
• Check pupil/student’s ability to write a short story independently
Sign up here for your free Brilliant Teacher Box Set
Looking for smarter ways to assess primary English?