KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4
Use these frog and tadpole themed rhythm cards to teach pupils about crotchet rests, crotchets and quavers.
The number of syllables in the words ‘frog’ and ‘tadpole’ will help pupils to remember the note lengths. Find teaching ideas for using the cards in your music lessons here.
This download contains
- Rhythm cards PowerPoint
Peter Simons is a Silver Pearson National Teaching Award winner and works at Thornhill Junior and Infant School in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire.
- Music Playalong – Shotgun by George Ezra for Various Instruments
- 12 Days of Christmas PowerPoint with Lyrics and Images
- KS3 music lesson plan – Develop musical confidence by letting students put on a performance with minimal teacher input
- KS3 Music Lesson Plan – Keep Y9 Motivation High By Recording Your Own Tracks
- KS3 art & design lesson plan – Combine students’ creative talents by mixing music and art