This resource pack includes a lesson plan, extension ideas and activity sheets based around the original Mary Poppins book by PL Travers.
So, if your class are excited by the new film version, or have seen the 1964 movie, now you can share the magic of the original stories with them.
What they’ll learn
- To think carefully and discuss characters in a text, considering events from different points of view and finding evidence for their opinions
- To infer characters’ feelings, thoughts and motives from their speech and actions, justifying their inferences with evidence
- To discuss their ideas, listening carefully to others and taking turns in conversation
- To explore aspects of classic fiction from our literary heritage
- To write reports, using events and description in a rich narrative for inspiration
- To appreciate the conventions around telling jokes, and to prepare and perform a joke