If you choose which student will answer a question by drawing lolly sticks bearing their names from a cup, how many questions would need to be asked before everyone has a chance to answer? That’s the subject of this KS3 maths lesson that sets up a problem solving activity on probability.
For more KS3 maths lesson plans from Colin Foster click here.
- Solving equations worksheets – Linear equations KS3 maths
- Algebraic fractions worksheet – Factorising and simplifying for KS3 maths
- Times table grid – Free printable blank and completed 12×12 versions
- KS3/4 Numeracy – ‘Significant figures’ Task sheet
- Equation of a line – KS3/4 worksheet with answers