Y1 maths activity sheets, plus an additional sheet with extension activities
These activity sheets have been created to match the small steps on the White Rose maths schemes of work.
The questions include varied fluency with reasoning with problem solving, and an additional sheet with extension activities.
Children are given a variety of pictorial examples to work with and questions to provoke deeper thinking.
National Curriculum Links
Year 1 Number – Addition and Subtraction
- Read, write and interpret mathematical statements involving addition (+), subtraction (-) and equals (=) signs.
- Solve one-step problems that involve addition and subtraction, using concrete objects and pictorial representations, and missing number problems such as 7 = ? – 9.
- Children will compare additions and subtractions and explore whether they are greater than, less than or equal to numbers or other number sentences.
- Children can quickly solve number sentences involving < , > and =, and may know the answer to comparison questions without calculating.
- Children can explain their solutions using the correct mathematical terminology and reasoning, and may start to apply their reasoning to compare more than two amounts.