How we learn is constrained by our biology. Knowing what this entails is an enormous help in designing effective teaching.
Cognitive load theory spills the beans on what our limits are and how teachers can get reduce their impact.
Here is my pick of the most important ideas.
Oliver Caviglioli is a former special school headteacher, who is now an information designer, creating visual clarity around teaching concepts and processes. You can find him at olicav.com and follow him on Twitter at @olicav.
- Macbeth revision – Complete GCSE teaching and revision resources
- Kate Jones retrieval practice – Editable retrieval grids learning resources
- Radical Revision GCSE checklist – 10 top tips to get motivated
- Simplifying Algebraic Fractions GCSE Revision Worksheets
- Algebraic Fractions GCSE Revision Worksheet – Solving Equations