What are they?
Expertly annotated texts of modern and classic plays designed for students. Each edition contains the complete text of the play, as well as expert commentary that provides students with an in-depth look into the play’s background, themes and production history.
Including editions of some of the best-loved and frequently taught GCSE and A Level plays, the Methuen Drama Student Editions series has been designed specifically for students with helpful notes for classroom discussion, and expert commentary and analysis of key themes for independent study and revision.
What you’ll find in every Student Edition:
- The complete text of the play
- An introduction giving the background to the play and a discussion of the social, political, cultural and economic context in which the play was originally conceived and created
- A chronology of the playwright’s life and work, and review of the play’s production history – required by many of the exam boards
- Questions for further study and preparation for examinations along with suggestions for primary and secondary reading
New editions in the series include:
- Dennis Kelly’s DNA (9781350188044), with commentary by Clare Finburgh Delijani
- Henrik Ibsen’s A Doll’s House (9781350116788), with an introduction by Sophie Duncan
- Timberlake Wertenbaker’s Our Country’s Good (9781350097889), with commentary by Sophie Bush
- Bertolt Brecht’s The Caucasian Chalk Circle (9781350113367), with an introduction by Kristopher Imbrigotta
- Jon Brittain’s Rotterdam (9781350095182), with commentary by Stephen Farrier
- Inua Ellams’ Barber Shop Chronicles (9781350200142), with an introduction by Oladipo Agboluaje
“A masterclass study book packed with sharp, reflective analysis that doesn’t patronise”
Review of DNA Student edition
Need to know
- Additional support for teachers can be found on each edition’s website entry on bloomsbury.com which includes author Q&As, discussion questions and classroom posters
- Every Student Edition is available as a printed paperback or eBook, and can therefore be used in the classroom, at home or on the move!
- An exclusive 20% school discount is available if purchasing more than 10 copies – school accounts can be set up at bloomsbury.com
See it in action
Subscribe to the Bloomsbury English and Drama for Schools newsletter for sneak previews, extracts and additional support resources for teachers – visit bloomsbury.com/newsletter.
For more information email email@example.com or visit bloomsbury.com/student-editions and follow @MethuenDrama on Twitter.