This lesson plan was originally written during the UEFA Women’s European Championships in 2022, but with the Women’s World Cup just around the corner, now is a great time to look at how we can use the beautiful game to inspire writing.
In this diary activity, we think about the life of a footballer including the health, fitness and mental preparation required ahead of a big game.
Just what do pupils think it was like for Leah Williamson as she captained England’s women to victory? And can they put themselves in her and her teammates’ boots?
What they’ll learn
- To reflect on the concepts of diet, fitness and mental health in sport
- Strategies for describing and contrasting motion
- To write emotively and engagingly, in first person
- About the UEFA Women’s European Football Championships
Adam Jevons-Newman is the Key Stage 2 and curriculum leader at Farmilo Primary School and Nursery and a freelance curriculum consultant and writer.
- PE lesson plans – Superhero circuit training for KS2
- Odd Socks Day – Lesson plan for Anti Bullying Week
- PE games KS1 – watch out for the Alien Invasion!
- PE games KS2 – improve agility with an air hockey rally
- Free KS2 PE medium-term plan for Ultimate Frisbee with worksheets, scorecards and instructions