Two spider diagrams with suggested history themes and topic areas, to help teachers self-assess their existing knowledge in the context of curriculum development.
The level of knowledge assessed can be self-judged depending on academic qualifications or other subject knowledge enhancement – for example, reading, attendance at lectures, participation in webinars or completion of online courses.
This resource accompanies the article ‘Diversity and the curriculum – Whose history should we teach?‘ by Gemma Hargraves, originally published in issue 10.2 of Teach Secondary magazine.
- Holocaust Memorial Day Trust – Secondary tutor time ideas
- A Historical Overview of the American West – Supporting Resource for KS3/4 History
- Discovering archaeology and the Bronze Age – Subject knowledge and Teachers’ Guide for KS2/3 history
- The Sword Burials – Archaeology activity for KS3 History
- WWI scheme of work – The impact of World War 1 on your locality for KS3 history