Teacher notes, PDF worksheets plus extension activities
These activity sheets have been created to match the small steps on the White Rose maths schemes of work.
The questions include varied fluency with reasoning with problem solving, and an additional sheet with extension activities.
Children are given a variety of pictorial examples to work with and questions to provoke deeper thinking.
National Curriculum Links
Year 1 Number – Addition and Subtraction
- Represent and use number bonds and related subtraction facts within 20.
- Add and subtract 1-digit and 2-digit numbers to 20, including zero.
- Solve one-step problems that involve addition and subtraction, using concrete and pictorial representations, and missing number problems.
- Children will learn how to subtract by counting back.
- Children will solve number sentences that have missing numbers.
- Children can use efficient strategies to subtract ones, and to find the solution to number sentences with missing numbers.
- Children can use their knowledge of number bonds within 20 to work out calculations mentally, and to make connections between number sentences.
Click here to download all of our Year 1 maths worksheets at once.