Time spent teaching students how to proofread their own work is never wasted, says Guylaine Ganzhorn…
When students are completing final exams, they will not be able to rely on their teachers to point out mistakes. These activities are designed to guide learners to write a perfect answer, regardless of the context, and proofread their own work efficiently.
It is important to complete these activities step by step. It is also essential to do this quite regularly, so that students are getting into a habit and will be able to replicate this in exams.
Why teach this?
Who wouldn’t love to create a time capsule? It’s a fun task that can also be used to improve literacy and support students in checking their work effectively.
Key curriculum links
This project supports students in:
- Writing extended and detailed paragraphs
- Organising ideas
- Improving their accuracy and literacy
- Checking their work efficiently
- Using the Future Tense MFL Resource for KS3/4
- MFL Adjective Agreement Resource for KS3
- KS3 MFL Lesson Plan – Improve Students’ French By Presenting A Weather Forecast
- KS4 MFL Lesson Plan – Run A Collaborative Learning Session Based Around Crepe Recipes
- KS4 MFL Lesson Plan – Master Past, Present And Future Tenses With This Dr Who Inspired Lesson