PDF medium-term plan plus accompanying worksheets and Powerpoints
This six-week series of lessons will help you with teaching about feelings in KS1. The lessons focus on helping pupils to be able to express their feelings and understand that all emotions are equally valid.
Plan author Abby King has based the unit around Matt Haig’s sensitive graphic novel The Truth Pixie, an enchanting rhyming story about learning to love yourself.
We’ve produced a range of free worksheets and PowerPoints to make delivery of this medium-term plan as easy as possible.
Teaching about feelings plan
- Think about ourselves and recognise what we like and dislike
- Celebrate our strengths
- Develop vocabulary to describe feelings
- Identify comfortable and uncomfortable feelings
- Describe feelings to others
- Think about who to go to if we are worried and how to attract their attention
- Understand change and loss and associated feelings
- Develop simple strategies for managing feelings
- Understand that feelings can change
- Set goals for the future
This download contains:
- PDF lesson plan
- What am I good at? PowerPoint
- Match the feeling to the face PowerPoint
- Feeling scared PowerPoint
- Changes PowerPoint
- Good to be me worksheet
- Comfortable or uncomfortable worksheet
- Feelings bingo worksheet
- Ladder of calm bookmark worksheet
Abby King has worked in KS1 and 2 and currently teaches at an inner-city primary school in Birmingham.