PDF lesson plan
Speaking to any Year 2 child about what they know about the world around them is a fascinating experience.
They have started to gain some knowledge from their experiences, and have inferred other information – often in amusing ways.
Exploring the IT around us opens up these conversations – What stops shops running out of beans? Where do shop owners buy these beans? How does this supply affect us? – and offers children a chance to see the world differently.
To know its secrets. And even better, to begin to question the technology that is all around them…
What they’ll learn
- To explain how information technology helps us
- To recognise common types of technology
- To demonstrate how IT devices work together
- To say why we use IT
Sway Grantham works for the Raspberry Pi Foundation developing free computing resources and online training for primary teachers. Follow Sway on Twitter @SwayGrantham and see more work from the Raspberry Pi Foundation at @RaspberryPi_org
- KS2 maths – polygons lesson plan
- Computing KS2 lesson plan – Use Battleships to introduce spreadsheets and data handling
- KS1/2 computing lesson plan – Create your own mobile style games
- Roman Mosaics and Computing Worksheets for KS2 Computing
- Sherlock Syllogisms Puzzles Worksheets for KS2/3 Computing