PowerPoints and PDF notes
KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4
This Holocaust Memorial Day assembly introduces students to Holocaust Memorial Day (held on 27th January) and how we can mark it. There are separate versions for secondary and primary (KS2) students.
Holocaust Memorial Day assembly resources
There are scripts and presentations that teachers and/or students can use together to deliver the assembly.
There is flexibility for you to include contributions from students within the assembly if they have prepared a reading, presentation or performance in advance. The film content comes from YouTube, so please make sure you connect your computer to the internet.
Students will learn about genocide affects people around the world and what we can do today.
Holocaust Memorial Day Trust is a charity established and funded by the UK Government to promote and support Holocaust Memorial Day in the UK. Get more free teaching resources at hmd.org.uk. Follow on Twitter at @HMD_UK.
- Suffrage movement – Resources and why to teach it
- Holocaust Memorial Day Trust – Secondary tutor time ideas
- Whose History? – Knowledge audit tool for curriculum development
- A Historical Overview of the American West – Supporting Resource for KS3/4 History
- Discovering archaeology and the Bronze Age – Subject knowledge and Teachers’ Guide for KS2/3 history