PowerPoint and PDF notes
This assembly for secondary schools introduces students to Holocaust Memorial Day, and how we can mark it. Students will learn about how people around the world have been affected by genocide, and what we can do today. It can be delivered on or around 27 January.
A script and presentation are included, designed to be used together by teachers and/or students to deliver the assembly.
There is flexibility for you to include contributions from students within the assembly if they have prepared a reading, presentation or performance in advance.
The film content is embedded from YouTube, so please make sure your computer is connected to the internet.
You can also download this resource in Welsh and find other resources to complement this one, on the HMDT website, here.
Holocaust Memorial Day Trust is the charity established and funded by the UK Government to promote and support Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) in the UK. Find out more about HMDT, including how to get involved, and get more free teaching resources at hmd.org.uk and follow on Twitter at @HMD_UK.
- Whose History? – Knowledge audit tool for curriculum development
- A Historical Overview of the American West – Supporting Resource for KS3/4 History
- Discovering archaeology and the Bronze Age – Subject knowledge and Teachers’ Guide for KS2/3 history
- The Sword Burials – Archaeology activity for KS3 History
- WWI scheme of work – The impact of World War 1 on your locality for KS3 history