Word docs and PowerPoint
These five art GCSE final piece resources will support students to create an impressive project.
- FINE ART – Guidance on how to write effective contextual studies and critical responses to examples of fine art.
- ANALYSIS – A PowerPoint of good and excellent examples of AO1 critical understanding / artist analysis pages.
- GRAPHICS – Advice on how to present successful contextual studies and critical responses to examples of illustration and graphic design.
- PHOTOGRAPHY – Suggestions on what’s required to produce contextual studies and critical responses to photography, in a way that satisfies the GCSE art assessment criteria.
- BETTER WORDS – A list of suggested alternative words that will get students more points (eg ‘create/develop/produce’ instead of ‘do/doing’
Hannah Day is head of art, media and film at Ludlow College. Lucy Wilding is head of art at Lacon Child School, Shropshire. Read more from Hannah and Lucy about how to help students create an impressive GCSE art final piece.