These activity sheets have been created to match the small steps on the White Rose maths schemes of work.
The questions include varied fluency with reasoning with problem solving, and an additional sheet with extension activities.
Children are given a variety of pictorial examples to work with and questions to provoke deeper thinking.
National Curriculum Links
Year 1 Number – Addition and Subtraction
- Add and subtract 1-digit and 2-digit numbers to 20, including zero.
- Children will add numbers by counting on from one another.
- Children will know where to start the count and when to stop the count.
- Children can solve an addition with a total of up to 20 by counting on, including where additions cross.
- Children can decide which number to count on from.