Learn to Write with STABILO EASYoriginal STABILO
Boost Reading with The Week Junior Magazine The Week Junior
Boost Wellbeing with 360° Schools Training from YoungMinds YoungMinds
Monkey World – Ape Rescue Centre Monkey World Ape Rescue Centre
One Education Business Management Services for Primary One Education
Teach Early Years Magazine Subscribe today!
Teach Primary Magazine Subscribe today!
Teach Secondary Magazine Subscribe today!
Technology and Innovation Magazine Order now!
Teach Reading and Writing Magazine Order now!
Oxford University Press Courses
Bishop Justus is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Teacher of Design Technology, who can demonstrate excellent subject knowledge. We are driven by a pursuit of high academic standards regardless of background and a desire for all students to experience an exceptional education. We are open to applications from experienced teachers or ambitious newcomers.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be an excellent teacher of Design Technology;
• Have a love of the subject and desire and ability to convey this to students;
• Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
• Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
• Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
• Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch time activities;
• Be committed to continuing professional learning;
• Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
• Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status.
In return, we offer:
• A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
• A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
• A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
• A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
• A school in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit prior to application.
We are committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
As an employee of the Aquinas Church of England Education Trust you are required to have regard to the character of the Trust and its foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way contrary to the interests of the foundation.
-Have high expectations of themselves and their students
-Hold positive values and attitudes, and adopt high standards of behaviour in their professional role
-Have commitment to ensure every student achieves their full educational potential
-Use student data to inform progress and attainment
-Have a commitment to progress and enthusiasm for learning
-Have diligence, drive and focus to boost standards
-Have high quality organisational and communication skills
-Have a commitment to collaboration and co-operative working
-Demonstrate exemplary professional and personal standards in all their actions
-Be able to establish fair, respectful, trusting, supportive and constructive relationships with students
-Have the ability to inform, advise and guide students to ensure progression
-Know how to make effective personalised provision for those they teach, including those who have SEN, disabilities, or English as an additional language
Qualified Teacher Status
Degree or equivalent
Commitment to professional learning activities
-Excellent, secure knowledge of their subject and related pedagogy
-Good, up-to-date working knowledge of a range of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies
-Skills in literacy, numeracy and ICT to support their teaching and wider professional activities
-A range of approaches to assessment, including the importance of formative assessment
-Assessment requirements and arrangements for the subjects they teach, including public exams and qualifications
-How to make effective personalised provision for those they teach
-Up-to-date safeguarding procedures, and the ability to identify and support students as appropriate.
Second in department TLR 2b £4,712
We are seeking a well-qualified, dynamic teacher of religious education to join a thriving and successful Catholic...
We are looking to recruit ambitious, inspirational and open-minded Science Teachers to join our dynamic academy. We have opportunities for those wishing to...
We have an opportunity for a compassionate Health and Social Care specialist to join our academy from January 2020 or laterAbout You
We need a...
The STABILO EASYoriginal handwriting pen is the first ergonomic pen designed specifically...
The Week Junior is the weekly current affairs magazine trusted by teachers and...
YoungMinds’ 360° Schools training focuses on the whole school environment and helps schools find...