West Runton – Kingswood
Photos of West Runton – Kingswood
What will students see and do?
In the extensive adventure park, kids can fly down the zip wire whilst overlooking the sea, try their hand at bushcraft and shelter building, or take on the high ropes course featuring Kingswood’s famous Jacob’s Ladder and Leap of Faith challenges.
With both private woodland and the beach on its doorstep, this centre is particularly well-placed to offer a range of environmental field studies covering rivers, coasts, rocky shores, woodlands and minibeasts.
The centre also offers indoor facilities such as a cinema and versatile sports hall for fencing, archery and team activities. Groups can also opt for an off-site excursion, such as a Blakeney Seal Trip.
Teaching resources provided
1. Lesson plans are linked to learning outcomes and clear curriculum links are made for teachers in various subjects. Kingswood also provides teachers with after-trip lesson plans and materials that can be used in their own classrooms.
2. ‘Make the Most of Your Residential’ booklet. In this guide Kingswood suggests methods for making direct links from the centre’s activities to the curriculum through extension activities which incorporate science, maths and drama amongst others.
3. Kingswood has developed a user-friendly online portal called Trip Planner for organisers. Everything is available on this portal (lesson plans, etc.) and with a login system.
4. Kingswood also offers schools a unique ‘confidence tracker’ tool, created in partnership with insight specialists Spike and with counsel from Dr Alice Jones Bartoli and Professor Justin Dillon, to enable them to evidence and evaluate the success of a trip.
This is a fantastic take-home to share with parents or carers after a trip and can also form a wider project on character education or development.
For English language learning trips, Kingswood also provides:
1. Pre-arrival academic testing to ascertain ability before arrival, so groups can jump straight into lessons from day one.
2. A certificate of attendance for those who take the English language course and a report on their individual progress, to help them record and continue their studies back home.
Minimum and maximum group size
Any group size can be catered for. There is no minimum group size and providing there is availability, the maximum is the full centre capacity, splitting into smaller groups (maximum of 15) for activities. West Runton’s capacity is 520.
Details of risk assessment
All aspects of Kingswood’s operation are subject to risk assessment by their own in-house team. These are individuals who are qualified and experienced in outdoor education, adventurous activity and health and safety.
The content of the risk assessments is subject to further review and scrutiny by external technical advisors, statutory regulators and inspectors from the British Activity Providers Association.
All of the risk assessments are reviewed on an annual basis as a minimum but may be subject to additional review and updates following incidents, external inspections, feedback from user groups or changes to operational practices.
Don't miss our downloadable A-Z guide on completing a risk assessment
- Outdoor highlights: climbing, abseiling, laser tag, buggy building, beach games, low ropes, aeroball, zip wire, frisbee golf, orienteering, caving, shelter building, WWII bunker exploration and a high ropes course featuring our famous Leap of Faith and Jacob’s Ladder challenges
- Indoor highlights: indoor sports hall for climbing, archery, fencing, sport, team-building activities and laser zone
- Gift shop selling snacks, drinks and souvenirs
- Social hub
- Accommodation options: 4–14 bed dormitories, and single or twin rooms for party leaders
West Runton is open daily, year-round.
Prices vary; enquire today to get your bespoke quote.
Don’t forget to ask about Kingswood’s subsidised and fully-funded places for young people.
Kingswood’s partner company, Britannia Coach Services, offer a convenient and competitive travel service for you to save time and money.
All drivers from these coach operators are experienced in transporting school groups and have been through a DBS background check. Their vehicles are kept in top condition and meet all European safety standards as a minimum.
When you book your visit to Kingswood, you will automatically be sent a competitive transport quote tailored to your trip, so you won’t have to spend time shopping around – they’ll do the rest!
Book your school trip to West Runton – Kingswood
For information on booking your school trip to this venue, click below.