Practical help to identify speech and language difficulties in primary-aged children, and support better learning outcomes…
- Developed by Speech and Language Therapists at Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust.
- Devised for children ages 6 months–6 years (early years) and 6–11 years (primary).
- Also suitable for EAL (English as an Additional Language) learners, so you can determine whether the child’s learning challenges are caused by a language barrier.
1. Quick & simple set-up
No specialist knowledge or expertise is required to use the WellComm Toolkit – the easy-to-use reporting system is there to help everyone from teachers, SENCOs, speech and language therapists and teaching assistants. The aim is to provide easy-to-use support for everyone involved with children.
2. Everything you need in one toolkit
The toolkit contains all you need to screen, support and help develop your pupils. Each kit also comes with The Big Book of Ideas, which contains 150 age-appropriate activities and strategies, as well as an optional Online Reporting Wizard.
3. Personalised approach
The toolkit doesn’t just focus on results, but also making sure that the individual needs of each pupil are met. The Big Book of Ideas provides play-based activities to help you understand a child’s needs and ensure that appropriate action can be taken. Early intervention is vital in ensuring that a child does not fall behind.
4. Use as many times as you need
The WellComm Toolkit can be used repeatedly, allowing you to screen as many times as you need and measure the impact of what you’ve put in place for each pupil. Each section within the toolkit works together to create a structured and personalised approach to teaching and learning.
Find out more by visiting www.gl-assessment.co.uk/wellcomm