Do you know your Brontosaurus from your Brachiosaurus? How about your Troodon from your Pterodactyl?
You might not, but the kids in your class certainly do!
This year DK are putting the nation’s favourite passion centre stage with their very first DINOSAUR DAY on 30 June. To get your class ready, find a range of lesson-plans, activities and kahoots by signing up to DK Learning here.
For many children across the world, a love of dinosaurs is the gateway to natural science and history. Which kid doesn’t want to know the size of a T. rex, or how fast velociraptors could run, or if Plesiosaurs were amphibians or reptiles?* (* All very recent questions DK have been asked by kids!)
Get your class ready
- Explore a range of lesson-plans, activities and kahoots for free by signing up to DK Learning here.
- For your complete guide to Dinosaur Day, DK have created this handy PDF guide. Find the latest dinosaur books, ideas for hosting your own Dinosaur Day and much more inside.
- There’s still time to enter DK’s competition to win 50 dino-mite dinosaur books for your school library! For a chance of winning, simply fill in the short form here.
- Even if you don’t win, the first 50 schools to respond will receive 50 limited edition packs filled with fun dinosaur stickers to help celebrate.
- DK will be sending over a special video message for schools from *real-life* palaeontologists in the run-up to the day itself. To receive the link to this special video lesson, make sure you’re signed up to DK Learning or DK’s Dinosaur Day competition.