Give your students a broader range of reading experiences with First News Education First News Education
Chameleon PDE – Specialists in health and wellbeing, citizenship, PSHE and personal development education Chameleon PDE
Boost reading and grow core literacy skills with First News First News Education
4 Reasons to try… Lexonik Advance Lexonik
Eduqas GCSE Religious Studies – Supports effective study for a positive impact on students’ learning Oxford University Press RE
Oxford University Press Courses
Orchard Academy is a family and a community. Every visitor comments on how friendly and caring our children and staff are, as well as the positive, warm atmosphere that can be felt around the school. We develop welcoming, confident children who are enthusiastic, engaging and a delight to work with. Orchard Academy has a dedicated staff team that are committed to delivering high-quality teaching and excellent pastoral care, ensuring that all pupils are given every opportunity to succeed. We are a proud founding member of the EMAT Academy Trust; whose vision is that every child deserves to be the best they can.
We are seeking a Teaching Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis. The successful candidate must have experience of working with children who have ASC, Social, emotional, and mental health (SEMH), challenging behaviour and SEND. If you feel you can positively contribute to our pupils’ lives and want to be part of our school, we look forward to welcoming your application.
We are looking for:
• Experience of working with children who have SEND, particularly SEMH and ASC
• Someone who understands, can empathise with, and adapt to the needs of pupils with SEMH and ASC
• A Teaching Assistant who is able to enthuse and inspire children and have patience and sensitivity
• A Teaching Assistant who show great mental flexibility in order to contribute to a dynamic and hardworking team
• A Teaching Assistant who is committed to safeguarding our children and promoting their welfare
• A successful Teaching Assistant who is able to raise and sustain high standards.
• Is a family and a community
• Has excellent and supportive middle / senior leaders
• Is committed to supporting continuous professional development
• Has a team of staff that is recognised for its enthusiastic, friendly, and rigorous approach to teaching and learning
• Has children who thrive in a creative and challenging atmosphere
• Has parents and carers who are supportive and have high ambitions for their children
By working for our Trust, you’ll be able to take advantage of a wealth of professional development and support opportunities, as well as a range of employee benefits.
• Continuous professional development and training opportunities
• Dedicated support from our central finance and HR team
• Career and leadership opportunities within our growing family of schools
• A Trust employee forum with representatives from across the organisation
• A confidential 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
• Childcare vouchers scheme
• A corporate eye care plan
We truly believe that the children are and should be at the centre of all we do. Our dedicated staff encourage all our children to grow, making learning fun and challenging, supporting each other to achieve this, creating a real family feel.
Through our developing curriculum and caring ethos we ensure all our children get the learning opportunities and experiences they deserve to enable them to flourish. We are an integral part of wider community and pride ourselves in developing positive working relationships with our parents and families, as well as the wider community.
Do you want a role where you can demonstrate your skills and make a positive impact on our schools and children’s lives?
If you feel that you would like to become part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you.
For more information or an informal discussion please email email@example.com or contact Lorna Stockwell on 07500 559281
Closing date for application – 23rd April 2021
EMAT reserve the right to withdraw this advert before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
EMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
To apply please copy the link https://mynewterm.com/school/Orchard-Academy/138605/EDV-2021-OA-44880/1:1-Teaching-Assistant—-fixed-term
More on how to apply